Hey all, I have a curious error where `pulumi prev...
# aws
Hey all, I have a curious error where
pulumi preview
is reporting
dial tcp: lookup <http://sts.us-west-2.amazonaws.com|sts.us-west-2.amazonaws.com>
errors, yet DNS lookups are working and the AWS CLI functions perfectly. Any thoughts on what I'm missing?
IIRC that happens when you're using a region that hasn't been opted in to whatever service you're using. You need to go to your AWS account page and turn on the region.
So you won't see it in us-west-2 or us-east-1 ever.. but I had it in ap-southeast-4, when Melbourne came online.
And you have x2 the chance of it happening with SSO, since there's two regions involved in auth: the SSO one, and the one you're logging into.
Seeing it in both us-west-2 and us-east-2 currently (no SSO involved at the moment).
Then.. it's something else!
LOL! I guess so. 🙂 I'm going to take a break and grab some dinner, then I'll try again. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Well, it was either something very odd with the network I was using or it was a transient issue of some sort; it seems to be working fine/as expected now. Weird.
Hey @salmon-account-74572, yep it's an intermittent issue I used to get more often at my previous job, but not really anymore. I found opening a new shell terminal often cleared it. But sometimes I just had to wait a while...minutes or tens of minutes usually. I was using WSL2 on Windows, now on an M1 mac, not sure if that makes the difference. I remember googling and kept coming across this: https://github.com/pulumi/pulumi/issues/1178 but it didn't help
Yeah, super-strange, I guess I'll chalk it up to some sort of transient issue for now. 🤷🏻‍♂️