Thank you for the thoughtful question, Sam. Definitely, we are aware of this problem and yes, there are thoughts and plans to improve it but we haven’t got the resources allocated to do this work yet. In principle, nothing prevents us from
• Add APIs that aren’t supported by the standard ARM model (see a Blob or a StaticWebSite)
• Model resources around POST endpoints
• Amend ARM API representation in principled way so that all the features are still available but common scenarios are simpler
• Extract sub-resources from resources that are too large, have chicken-and-egg problems, etc.
• Create higher-level component library.
If you have concrete suggestions, or a prioritized list of changes that would benefit you, I’d love to see it. We need to make sure they are all tracked and upvoted so that they are on our radar.