# general


06/11/2019, 7:12 PM
[solved] Welp - seems like when it rains, it pours. I'm on a Fedora 29 machine; I decided to update to get rid of the version nag and I've just updated (using
curl | sh
) to the most recent version of Pulumi; I now get a panic (listed in thread) whenever I try to run anything and on my side I've relogged in a new shell, run
npm rebuild
, etc. It seems so out of the ordinary that it seems likely to be an issue on my end of things, but perhaps somebody's seen it before (or has some "nuke it from orbit" advice)?
Copy code
  pulumi:pulumi:Stack (ecr-ops-ecr):
    panic: RootModule called on nil State
    goroutine 54 [running]:
    <|>, 0xc00036a330, 0xc0001653b0, 0x24, 0x0, 0x0)
    	/home/travis/gopath/src/ +0x106f
    <*Provider).Read(0xc0005a53a0|*Provider).Read(0xc0005a53a0>, 0x1f519c0, 0xc00036a330, 0xc0001653b0, 0xc0005a53a0, 0x18db301, 0xc00005c980)
    	/home/travis/gopath/src/ +0x8a
    <|>, 0xc00036a330, 0x1a87a00, 0xc0001653b0, 0x1abe200, 0x2fab738, 0x1f519c0, 0xc00036a330)
    	/home/travis/gopath/src/ +0x86
    <|>, 0xc00029f1a0, 0x1a87a00, 0xc0001653b0, 0xc00000e8a0, 0xc00000e8c0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x1f153e0, 0xc00013df70)
    	/home/travis/gopath/src/ +0x360
    <|>, 0xc0005a53a0, 0x1f519c0, 0xc00029f1a0, 0xc000165360, 0xc0000d5e60, 0x1f519c0, 0xc00029f1a0, 0xc0005a20f0, 0xed)
    	/home/travis/gopath/src/ +0x158
    <*Server).processUnaryRPC(0xc00056a600|*Server).processUnaryRPC(0xc00056a600>, 0x1f6d480, 0xc0004f0300, 0xc0003dc000, 0xc00059bc20, 0x2f7abc8, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
    	/home/travis/gopath/src/ +0x470
    <*Server).handleStream(0xc00056a600|*Server).handleStream(0xc00056a600>, 0x1f6d480, 0xc0004f0300, 0xc0003dc000, 0x0)
    	/home/travis/gopath/src/ +0xd25
    <*Server).serveStreams.func1.1(0xc0001d4020|*Server).serveStreams.func1.1(0xc0001d4020>, 0xc00056a600, 0x1f6d480, 0xc0004f0300, 0xc0003dc000)
    	/home/travis/gopath/src/ +0x9f
Copy code
created by <*Server).serveStreams.func1|*Server).serveStreams.func1>
    	/home/travis/gopath/src/ +0xa1
    error: preview failed
Digging - it looks like it may be related to
, I'm using it for a
(Looks like one of my guys moved an S3 tfstate file and that caused it. Awkward error message though, I'll file a bug.)