We had a similar understanding but the aws cdk doesn't have the pulumi automation api layer equivalent and relies on cli etc.
07/01/2023, 2:58 PM
welcome @brave-table-13240! I wouldn’t say it’s an alternative 🙂 it’s a different model. Here’s some similarities:
• both AWS CDK and Pulumi use programming languages to author infrastructure
• Pulumi supports multiple cloud providers
• Pulumi allows you to embed infrastructure provisioning in your own workflows using automation API
• Pulumi doesn’t transpile down a configuration language giving way more flexibility than CDK
• Pulumi is faster than cloudformation 🙂